WRIST PAIN ? SELF TESTING
About Prof. Christophe Mathoulin
- THE BOOK OF WRIST ARTHROSCOPY TECHNIQUES Author : Prof. Christophe MATHOULIN Release date : 17 Avril 2015 Wrist Arthroscopy Techniques is a step-by-step, anatomically ...
- Editorial & Oratory involvements EDITORIAL BOARD - Member of Editorial board of Journal of Hand Surgery American Issue - Member of Editorial Board of ...
- Member : Learned Societies of Medicine - Full member of "Société Française de chirurgie de la Main" - Full member of the "Surgeon Academy" - Founder ...
MAPS from Hand Institute Paris France
Simple wrist anatomy to understand your wrist pain
We can consider as part of wrist:
1) The distal radius, the distal ulna, the carpus or carpal bones (complex of eight bones forming the proximal skeletal segment of the hand)
(2) the wrist joins are:
- The radiocarpal joint, between the radius and the first raw of carpal bones (scaphoid, lunate and triquetrum)
- The distal radio-ulnar joint between the distal ulna and the distal radius
- The midcarpal joint between the firts and second raw (trapezium, trapezoid, capitate and hamate)
This region also includes the carpal tunnel, the anatomical snuff box, the flexor retinaculum, and the extensor retinaculum.