- kienbock microsurgery and treatment ... REVASCULARIZATION OF THE LUNATE BY A VOLAR VASCULARIZED BONE GRAFT AND AN OSTEOTOMY OF THE RADIUS IN TREATMENT OF THE KIENBO¨ CK’S ...
- 1st CMC Arthritis Arthroscopic Treatment
WRIST PAIN ? SELF TESTING
About Prof. Christophe Mathoulin
- THE BOOK OF WRIST ARTHROSCOPY TECHNIQUES Author : Prof. Christophe MATHOULIN Release date : 17 Avril 2015 Wrist Arthroscopy Techniques is a step-by-step, anatomically ...
- Editorial & Oratory involvements EDITORIAL BOARD - Member of Editorial board of Journal of Hand Surgery American Issue - Member of Editorial Board of ...
- Member : Learned Societies of Medicine - Full member of "Société Française de chirurgie de la Main" - Full member of the "Surgeon Academy" - Founder ...
MAPS from Hand Institute Paris France
What is a wrist pain ?
Wrist pain is a pain located between the distal radius and the proximal area of metacarpal bones:
Most often the pain occurs following trauma, even minimal. Sometimes, the pain may even be very strong, going in crescendo when trying to apply some force. Normally it's caused after too strong a demand to the wrist, as is the case with weight lifters, athletes in general, or even bricoleurs.
Causes and first treatment
Wrist pain can be caused by one or more of a number of different disorders, such as:
Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex (TFCC) tear
Wrist fracture, Wrist sprain
Tendonitis wrist (Extensor) or thumb (DeQuervains)
Ulnar nerve entrapment, sometimes due to wrist or elbow abnormalities such as Carpal tunnel syndrome, Guyon's canal syndrome or cubital tunnel syndrome
The first treatment is the use of a simple wrist brace (Splint) to avoid any movements of wrist before realizing paraclinic examinations.
Specialized visit is recommended.