A propos du Professeur Christophe Mathoulin
- THE BOOK OF WRIST ARTHROSCOPY TECHNIQUES Author : Prof. Christophe MATHOULIN Release date : 17 Avril 2015 Wrist Arthroscopy Techniques is a step-by-step, anatomically ...
- Editorial & Oratory involvements EDITORIAL BOARD - Member of Editorial board of Journal of Hand Surgery American Issue - Member of Editorial Board of ...
- Member : Learned Societies of Medicine - Full member of "Société Française de chirurgie de la Main" - Full member of the "Surgeon Academy" - Founder ...
INSTITUT DE LA MAIN ACCES
What Are the Treatments for Wrist Pain ?
Treatment options for CTS may include:
- wearing a wrist brace or splint to reduce swelling and ease wrist pain
- applying hot or cold compresses
- taking oral or injected anti-inflammatory drugs
- surgery, in severe cares
If you have undergone a wrist injury, you can help healing by:
- resting your wrist and keeping it elevated
- placing an ice pack on the affected area to lower swelling and numb pain
- taking a mild pain reliever such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- wearing a wrist splint
Get immediate medical attention if you cannot move your wrist or if any part of your hand looks deformed. You may have broken a bone.
If you have arthritis, consider visiting a physical therapist. A physical therapist can show you some strengthening and stretching exercises for your wrist.
If you have gout, your doctor may recommend:
- taking an anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen or naproxen
- drinking lots of liquid to reduce the concentration of uric acid
- cutting back on fat and alcohol intake